Flipkart

Google gfe_rd=cr&ei= URL Mystery Revealed

March 08, 2014 13 Comments A + a -

What is  gfe_rd=cr&ei= ?

It just a cookie link redirected to your browser based on the country.

For past few months when we type google.com it redirects us to our country site mentioning as
google.co.uk
google.co.in
google.co.kr
google.co.nz
google.co.au
with that an extra query like structure will be there.
like one of these https://www.google.co.uk/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=S3FfUss8i5DfG9y1gtAL

Here in ?gfe_rd=cr&ei=
gfe means Google Front-End,
rd means Redirect,
cr means Country.
(till this you can find in all websites)
 And the final ei means Engine Id and also some random combination of numbers and letters is a cookie sent to our desktop..

See also: GOOGLE ?gws_rd=ssl Mystery Unsolved

Google Front-End

provide Gmail, Calendar, Picasa Web Albums, Docs, Blogger, orkut, Reader and many other services.

How to Remove this from your browser?

Google Chrome:

Settings -> Appearance->Show Home Button -> Change it to https://www.google.com or
          https://www.google.co.(country code)

Mozilla Firefox:

Tools->Options-> General tab->Homepage-> Change it to www.google.com or
          www.google.co.(country code)

Internet Explorer:

Tools->Internet Options-> Homepage-> Change it to www.google.com or
          www.google.co.(country code)

What is /ncr?

From other sites i got this information as no country redirect.and it'll take you back to the regular,   English-speaking Google.com without all the local results. But its not have any major effect.

How to remove or uninstall boxbe, Facebook and other accounts connected with your gmail
Beware of these spammer sites
Beware of these Ad Sense sites

13 comments

Write comments
Anonymous
AUTHOR
16 May 2014 at 21:12 delete

great, this helped a lot, thanks

Anonymous
AUTHOR
1 June 2014 at 20:11 delete

Hello

I've got an issue... maybe... my homepage is set to www.google.co.uk but my browser opens two windows when I click it, first one is www.google.co.uk and the second is https://www.google.co.uk/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=aDqLU-fmE5DSjwePkIDIAw

I've no idea how to stop this, I'm sure it never used to and can't think why it started.

3 June 2014 at 14:06 delete

if you are using chrome means
go to settings->on startup-> click on Open a specific page or set of pages.
and click set pages there you can delete the unwanted startup pages

Anonymous
AUTHOR
22 September 2014 at 11:37 delete

Cookies cookies cookies... I'm really &%$# of cookies >:O

Anonymous
AUTHOR
16 March 2015 at 16:50 delete

I LIKE NUTELLA

6 August 2015 at 21:30 delete

Thanks. I was wandering that I was hacked :)

Anonymous
AUTHOR
6 June 2016 at 18:02 delete

s/wandering that/wondering if/

Jon Snow
AUTHOR
9 September 2016 at 19:19 delete

My children needed HUD-GFE several days ago and were told about a website that has an online forms database . If others need HUD-GFE too , here's good faith estimate form

Anonymous
AUTHOR
2 September 2017 at 22:57 delete

I got the following strange page. No matter which google site I type in (google.com. google.co.uk, google.com.hk, google.co.jp etc. ), I got this same strange page. Please help.
�\# ����A �Y=�H]����_ �M|��|��K����2L�H��H �jS'�Mng ���u�t� s8�s 0����6� �Pw3 ��S1GQ Cb��,Fc������oV�;B8}M�q�aD�~81$X� JZ&�P �1)5��m�h_dտߛ���&�� �F3�S@ �ۀH�{�}��n������T�4U�v������sϽ�z�u�(�Zj���r��i��f�Y?�� �Ỳ p� w�0SCS �̠ 2��!M۩� , du����=[ B Y� �=�&��Ղ������1T�ٻ ~�yd} Ӗm�=U� QQS� I �?� :�/3�fW��� ���m��x?⍣�f>z?~Su�� �{�ُ�^gf�]7 ��f��z�? ���J�ڴ q^�3�H ����f����<�u�\R��T=ќ�� e�j�8W��~F]}����y�#{���[eK� �R^ � ���6��U����n'K�Vf *v�~ɡ)g�� _�{���u��l��\'i'�"�K&=����Ϯ��Q4 ��<�GǓr�O몋mw� or^� � *N�IR��Q� �� � i� sD��� �W�,є�I41�4��"� �� 4����N㬼�bY�$�k'E^iތ�p� ��%�������� ��(.dc��� em�i٣�1�]���5MW��< j�ӊ� �I4~+붛-��� tJ�3Q���Ig����{ + ^xNd�� 7 vN�� HcSʖ� U�K 1�`; 3u ��lB�6Y˽� �x9 �-Fb���E��R "� �pR�H�� U ����>�] ��0 ��� 'Х� J��P�܁g��-��� W���N�ꓝWT(Ѝ'���q2-�Z�%o�H@� ��"�P���(��+��� Ώ����`QJ4� �f� ��!��I���$ 5Ǖ �� D��V� �8 �ؒ1 6�㜍W�٨3�g�Y �=Q� �� (���� ���E� '��>�F��= < �?�$/3 ���9|�.� hC�� ��<��� 9�H8!��� �^�� �g�vV^e�ٮ��M A������4�l|w] ����$ �fIC �92;�)� ̗��5M�� � P� �E.Y �����G�ɂ���K�\��ƄL ��늲 8�MiS?%�4 ��M ��\ң��u ���(�C���o����5 �,� 0���3H�d���t��g'��! ㋣? P � �j� [� �R�q}B�� <@��t �hVz�� �X $�@t�� �)�-�� �@*�O A�3���cwى� �(jlK��������3. {N�� * 5��g*p��� MD� ��?(�ɱ���< �$�F� �lo'e�D �����������y�� Ί}۔Yfl��:&:�b� 7�Rϓ����FXK��� ��y�am Ħ��� n �@�-�Wz� n�*d� SD�I��+c $~ �#��drQ 2B �� ��=�r�oi�&�̽�L z�w Dh(��܉�>P��&|�~��� �� < ��^�d�9Q�� �m~` �Q�Z �� qda��x��#Q�[D�TϤ���P&��U IuKџ���< ��µ�$I քP6 �Q ��ԇ���0(� ب�aMWl'��tݩ� � !X sq�D �� �+�� L � } D�- ��A� c�� �?>aI0� 2 �v��ll5��q ��{�5bg�d ��-�J� �\! 捩�;�`E ���� �b� V��۽���z� � ���8�� ����ک�I��h}�]a�F�Ϗa" �1n ֭���� �߂ �☘� |�cHS����Z?�W;�QPT0� �9-�L!gE�9�G� �) �!�>'m�(֮ �j�xo0�}?9zW�((,��p�qH��ً �K �h� Z��h!��8 Y�*GY��Њ�������ِ� ���C X� �]�����r � $� ���G� �ߛFG�� �